Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 December 2014

So I got to the end of the second book and set it aside to edit later.  I have a couple of the readers looking at it, already but won't distribute it as widely until I have run through at least once.  I may have edited three chapters or so out of 32.

Onto the 3rd book. I had written an opening some time back but that was amended, then again and then partially returned to the original style.  Getting into the third is proving harder as it's not as interesting a line of plots as the 4th and 5th but I have a lot of material that needs to get out before we get into those two plot lines. Also some new characters to introduce, not least, Finn's muse and love of his life, Sylvander.

Also entering this one are Zira, the arabic blood thief and lightweight magess, Gorwen, the fey dragon with his butterfly wings and low attention span, Goric the dwarven smith and Grimstob, the ex dwarven lord who wants to forget his past, Caliban, a young assassin who becomes Finn's shadow and possibly a few others. There's a rumour that Seabharinn may make his appearance but although a first chapter is written, use of his name is still under negotiation with Ross.

In the second book, we met Thunderchild, properly, Bo, Jeffery, Marcabru and Ylloelae again and Finn's companions who work for him, Targ and Prendar. I would have liked to bring in so many others but there is so little space when it comes down to it.

If any of you ex-Sigil players are reading me and you are happy for me to use the rp characters you created, let me know.  I know I own the rights on Sigil and the copyright to its plots but I regard the characters as yours and won't put them in without written permission. I'd love to feature more of them so... you know the mail addys. They are still the same as ever.

For the rest of you, if you have a character idea you'd love to see in the tale, I'm always open to creative ideas.

Until next time.

1 comment: